Thursday 30 April 2015

It has to start somewhere...

So, blogging. Anyone who is anyone seems to be doing it, so I thought I'd give it a go. 

My name is Dan, and I'm a Husband, Father, Geek and Gamer. As you've probably already guessed from the title of this blog. 

I've been into miniature games for almost 20 years now. It all began when I stumbled blindly down the rabbit hole that was my local Games Workshop. Since then, I've had a love/hate relationship with all things gaming, either wargames, skirmish games, board games or video games. Currently, I'm in the love stage of our relationship. 

I'm also married to a lovely wife, with two lovely kids, again, as the blog's title indicates. 

So, this blog is really going to be a brain dump of all the things I find cool in the world of gaming, and how I seem to juggle them (or fail to) with family life. I'll also be posting a lot about what I'm painting in the world of miniatures games, as I've been doing that on and off for the last 20 years as well. 

My current addiction of choice is the Batman Miniature Game, produced by Knight Models, a Spanish miniatures company. They create some amazing miniatures, and have licenses for DC, Marvel and Lord of the Rings miniatures. Their sculpts are spot on, and the range is going from strength to strength. 

A good friend of mine, Drew, got me into the game about two years ago now, by inviting me to his fan group for the game on Facebook, Arkham City Limits. Since then, I've become an admin for the group, and it's grown to over 1200 members. We're now also the official facebook fan group for Batman Miniature Game, so we get awesome sneak peaks from Knight Models of upcoming releases, and have a great relationship with the games developers and company staff. 

The game itself takes place on the mean streets of Gotham City, and is a skirmish miniature game. The game can be played with as little as four miniatures either side, so has a very low buy in cost for a miniature game of this type. 

It centres around the Dark Knight himself, and the myriads of criminal elements that threaten the city. Players can play as Batman, his allies, and the lawful forces of the GCPD, or one of the many of Batman's Rogues Gallery, such as The Joker, Penguin or Two-face.

Also, the hardback print version of the rulebook was released at the start of March, so the game has exploded in popularity. 

Over the next few weeks, this game will be featured quite heavily in my blog posts. 

Anyway, that's enough of my ramblings. You can find links to the ACL and Knight Models web page below, as well as a teaser of some of my miniatures, as a taste of whats to come. 




My 350 reputation Joker Crew:


Cheers, 

Dan

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Dan. Your enthusiasm for BMG is tremendous, and so I look forward to seeing your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete